This position will assist the TN Fund, Fan Experience, Communication and Sales offices in managing and supporting customer relationships through the creation, management and execution of strategic fan communications, execution of major digital and email campaigns, and web site content management. Maintain knowledge of current national trends and future trends to ensure the digital marketing and web efforts in athletics is operating at a high level. Proactively identify areas for digital marketing improvement. Other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages creation and execution of strategic plans for digital marketing and email communications, incorporating diverse messaging and segmentation.
- Works with creative staff to curate content for use on athletics emails, official athletics web site, and digital campaigns that invites readers to take action.
- Key member of digital marketing campaigns, including lead generation, display, re-targeting and social media strategies. Work with Director of Development, Strategy & Analytics to enhance & implement business strategy, create leads and grow databases
- Ensures execution of marketing automation within email marketing tool, including communication flowchart, audience segmentation, and follow-up campaigns.
- Oversee the management of content for Tennessee Athletics website through the SIDEARM content management system and micro websites, mobile platforms and overall digital information strategies. Must be able to think creatively to develop innovative digital media information strategies to increase engagement with fans on a national level.
- Trains and supports Athletics Department staff on the use of UTSports.com, AllVols.com. Trains student interns and volunteers for daily updates, page edits.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Digital Communications, Sport Management or other related field is required
Minimum of two or more years of previous experience in web management and maintenance for the daily operation of a website, digital marketing and/or email automation. Previous experience working in collegiate athletics is preferred.
Two or more years of previous experience in web management, content management systems and maintenance for the daily operation of a website, preferably in communications or athletics field
Familiarity with Google Marketing Platform and email automation
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Exceptional organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects occurring within a short timeframe; must be very detail-oriented.
Basic working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
This job requires skills in digital, content management and marketing best practices.
Ability to work as a member of a team and/or independently in a fast-paced environment (preferred).
Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as required (preferred).
Digitally savvy with graphic design and/or digital marketing (preferred).
Demonstrated behavioral expectations include:
Unquestioned integrity and trustworthiness.
Adherence to University, Southeastern Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
Commitment to the Athletics Department and University’s mission.
Flexible to various scheduling to include nights, weekend work and some holidays.