Manages and directs the community's marketing, print and internet advertising, sales activities, leasing team members, and other resources to achieve established revenue, occupancy, resident retention, and leasing goals and objectives.
1. Ensures achievement of the community's revenue and occupancy goals by directing the community's marketing, advertising and sales activities, overseeing on-site traffic, ensuring an appropriate inventory of "ready" apartments, setting rent pricing and concessions, and monitoring the day-to-day sales and leasing activities.
2. Stays informed about current market and competitor conditions that may impact the community's occupancy and sales results, develops and implements short-and long-term marketing plans and goals to sustain occupancy, and implements creative strategies around pricing, concessions, leasing incentives, and advertising to boost traffic and leases.
3. Develops print and internet advertising strategies, uses available technology to promote the community and communicate with potential prospects, and uses the Company's property management software to generate sales and leasing reports to monitor results.
4. Works with the maintenance team to ensure the physical aspects of the community meet the Company's standards for overall appearance and safety, and develops activities and programs to enhance the salability of the apartments and community as a whole by regularly inspecting "ready" units for marketability, creating mini-models and using other merchandising techniques promote the apartment and community to prospective applicants.
5. Actively participates in the leasing process by generating and monitoring traffic, leasing apartments, qualifying prospects, preparing lease documentation, and completing move-in procedures in accordance with established policies and procedures.
6. Reviews and analyzes financial reports, shop reports, traffic and closing ratios, and other operational reports to identify and resolve issues impacting leasing performance, and accesses the Company's internal resources as needed to support solution strategies. Makes presentations about marketing and leasing strategies and results to clients, owners, and other business managers.
7. Oversees the lease renewal program, including sponsoring various resident lease renewal functions, managing the communication and notification process, and assisting with resident move-outs as necessary.
8. Responds quickly and courteously to resident and client/owner concerns and questions, and takes prompt action to solve problems and/or document and convey resident or other requests to the appropriate individual(s).
9. Supervises the community's leasing team members by interviewing, hiring, orienting, and training employees, and manages their performance in accordance with Company policies, values, and business practices.
Completes various accounting, financial, administrative, and other reports and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, community, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual(s).
Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions to improve the community's efficiency, profitability, and productivity.
Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, leasing and sales tools, processes, and standards within the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending internal and external training programs and by accessing other sources of information, and applies knowledge and practices to area(s) of responsibility.
Incumbents work in an office environment, but also may have frequent exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous.
Incumbents must be able to physically access all exterior and interior parts of the community and amenities.
Incumbents must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights of up to twenty (20) pounds independently and fifty (50) pounds with assistance.
Routine, local travel may be required to attend training classes, conduct market research, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position.
Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, which may include weekends and/or holidays.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Incumbents must have all licenses and/or certifications as required by State and Local jurisdictions.
Incumbents must have valid driver's license to drive a golf cart on property.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to comprehend and complete legal documents, sell and explain apartment features, and answer questions.
Proficiency in executing sales skills, such as generating sales leads, conducting sales presentations, qualifying prospects, and closing.
Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, property management applications (preferably Yardi and/or One Site), and database management programs in order to complete required reports and employment documents.
Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percent's in order to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
Demonstrated management and supervisory skills sufficient to lead, direct, evaluate, and mentor subordinate and peer employee staff.
Proficiency and fluency in using the internet for marketing, advertising, and sales-related circumstances, including using Craigslist, Google and other search engines, and navigating the internet and websites.
High School diploma, GED or an employment history that demonstrates the application and usage of a sales, marketing, internet and customer service background sufficient to resolve customer complaints and issues and complete financial records, documents, and reports.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
National Platform with Local ExpertiseGreystar, founded in 1993, provides world-class service in the multifamily real estate business. Our innovative business model integrates the management, development and investment disciplines of the multifamily industry on both national and local levels. This unique approach and our commitment to hiring the very best multifamily professionals have resulted in record growth, making us one of the most respected and trusted multifamily real estate companies in the country.Because our business model includes both investment and service-oriented businesses, we’re able to maintain a constant presence in local markets and create value in all phases of the real estate cycle. Our national platform provides economies of scale, financial sophistication, institutional quality reporting and tremendous capital relationships, while our city offices provide local market expertise and execution.Our dedication to redefining excellence in apartment living means we’re constantly exploring innovative ideas and pioneering new ways to serve our residents and clients. The Greystar team is more than 5,300 team members strong and growing. Check out the latest opportunities.