The California Institute of Advanced Management (CiAM) is a nonprofit graduate university that produces socially responsible and globally oriented business leaders who will make positive changes in their communities. CiAM values and promotes a culture respecting ethics, integrity, and the fulfillment of duty to our constituents, employees, and society. These are values that flow directly from the wisdom and philosophy of Peter F. Drucker.
The Director of Marketing and Communications will plan and promote CiAM in assigned areas, increase visibility of brand, improve communications efforts internally/externally as well as lead dynamic public relations and marketing program; and direct and facilitate all marketing activities. These efforts include communications to students, staff, and the public utilizing traditional methods and emerging technologies.
· Lead, develop and execute a comprehensive, long-term, and proactive university-wide marketing, communication and branding strategy.
· Develop and manage campaigns that drive digital engagement and conversion, as well as components conducive to the enrollment/retention growth of CiAM, including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
· Oversee the development and maintenance of a multi-faceted marketing, communication and media program that includes newsletters, external publications, marketing materials and advertising; as well as web site content/design.
· Build campaigns that clearly reflect the diversity/equity/inclusion of the CiAM brand in strategic positioning, visual presentation, and content/tone.
· Direct and oversee methods of marketing using traditional methods and emerging technologies.
· Work with university departments on effective marketing strategies to assure their growth and vitality; provide support in the development of individual marketing efforts, assist others on factors, data, media outlets, and methodologies needed.
· Remain current on trends/news at the local, regional, state, and national level concerning higher education.
· Work with individual departments to support their growth and vitality and promotional efforts of their special events.
· Represent CiAM, Marketing and Communications, and university leadership at events (internal and external).
· Develop, direct and monitor standards designed to maintain a consistent and positive image.
· Supervise staff and budget in marketing/public relations, creative services, and print shop.
· Lead efforts to gather, analyze, and strategize with market research.
· Perform related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in communications, journalism, business, marketing, advertising, or public relations; Master’s degree preferred.
· At least 3 years’ experience working in a communications role in higher education that supports recruitment, enrollment and/or admissions; experience in a leadership role that supports recruitment, enrollment and/or admissions preferred.
· Interest in developing marketing campaigns for underserved populations.
Knowledge of/ability to:
· Highly developed skills in creating content, writing, and copyediting.
· Demonstrated experience managing and executing across multiple communications and marketing channels and media.
· Demonstrated computer competency to include design programs (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign), email marketing tools, and analytics software.
· Excellent interpersonal skills that include professional and motivational communication, public speaking, and relationship building.
· Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced working environment.
· Ability to produce high-quality deliverables with attention to detail.
· Ability to collect and analyze data to better inform strategy.
· Self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
· Experience working effectively with people from a variety of cultures and backgrounds.
· Demonstrated ability to manage effectively multiple priorities, pay attention to detail, and produce desired results.
· Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively solve problems, and to initiate and implement projects both independently and as part of a team.
· Demonstrated success clearly and consistently reporting on programs, tasks, and initiatives and following up with internal and external constituents in a timely manner.
· A significant level of independent judgment and autonomy regarding work planning.
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced work environment. Ability to adapt and shift priorities as needed.
· Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff.
· Benefits include a comprehensive health and wellness plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse, and dependent children
· 401K retirement plan
· Personal time off (PTO) plan.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion and clearance of a background check and employment verification.
CiAM’s Annual Campus Safety and Security Report 2021 is now available. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the school. The policy statements address the school’s policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security, for example, policies for responding to emergency situations and sexual offenses. Three years’ worth of statistics for 2018-2020 are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on campus, in or on off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the school and on public property within or immediately adjacent to the campus. This report is available online at https://ciam.edu/student-life/campus-safety
CiAM – Innovate. Inspire. Achieve. California Institute of Advanced Management (CIAM) is the first independent, not-for-profit, graduate school dedicated entirely to educating people who are working towards a more balanced and just society through responsible business management principles. Discover California Institute of Advanced Management www.ciam.edu.