The Executive Assistant for the Vice Chancellor of Marketing & Communication is responsible for the general administrative operations for the Office of Marketing & Communications. This position is also responsible for managing and organizing the Vice Chancellor’s calendar, coordinating data and information throughout the division, some of which may be confidential in nature.
Duties & Essential Job Functions:
1. Acts as the point of contact for the Vice Chancellor and other marketing and communication leaders with internal and external individuals; welcome visitors and identify purpose of visit before directing them to appropriate individual or area; independently screens and prioritizes calls and summarizes key information. 2. Maintains Vice Chancellor’s day-to-day calendar by planning and organizing schedule; provide timely updates and schedule in-person and online meetings as requested; reschedules, postpones or relocates meetings as needed in coordination with Vice Chancellor. 3. Monitors office supplies and researches cost-savings; stays within office supply budget. 4. Produces reports, presentations, and briefs on various initiatives assigned. 5. Provides logistical and administrative support of University-wide committees and team meetings under the purview of Vice Chancellor and other senior leaders as needed. Organizes meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, and securing additional needs as necessary (i.e., food or other supplies). 6. Develops and implements an efficient documentation and filing system. 7. Takes accurate dictation and minutes at key meetings; distributes notes and outlines with follow-up action items. 8. Supervises and develops a workplan for student interns as assigned. 9. Assists in management of contracts in Cobblestone; supports processing and tracking invoices for payment. 10. Manages or assists with reimbursements and travel arrangements for Vice Chancellor. 11. Assists staff across the division with travel arrangements and reimbursements for conferences as needed. 12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree and 5 plus years of progressively responsible experience in general office management. OR • High school diploma or GED and 9 plus years of progressively responsible experience in general office management.
• Knowledge of TCU community, organizational structure, policies, and procedures. • Skill in Microsoft Windows and Office, specifically for reports and written documents. • Skill in the use of standard office equipment (i.e., multifunctional copiers, telephone systems, computers). • Skill in customer service with ability to respond quickly to requests. • Skill in oral and written communication, with special attention to spelling and grammar. • Skill in organization with a keen eye for detail and the ability to multitask. • Skill in problem-solving and decision making. • Ability to manage time, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects. • Ability to act as a gatekeeper and escalate relevant information as needed • Ability to exercise sound judgment to make decisions • Ability to collaborate and work well with people throughout all levels of the organization with a high level of diplomacy and tact. • Ability to work as part of a team and share ideas. • Ability to calmly and effectively work in complex, shifting environment.
Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information. • Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication. • Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions. • Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting. • Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
• Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours. • There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job. • The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Internal Number: 497030
About Texas Christian University
TCU is all about the experience. This is a place where students learn how to adapt to whatever the future might bring, develop critical thinking skills and expand their creativity. With a choice of rigorous academic programs in 130 undergraduate areas of study, 61 master’s level programs and 24 areas of doctoral study, Horned Frogs have opportunities to search for meaning and examine values, yet graduate well-prepared for professional accomplishment. Whether in the fine arts or business or engineering, Horned Frogs can develop their full creative potential here. For example, both MBA and undergraduate students at the Neeley School of Business benefit from an experience ranked at the top by Bloomberg Businessweek and U.S. News & World Report — not in spite of, but because of, the focus on the individual. At TCU, professors love being in the classroom. These mentoring teacher-scholars also conduct well-published, leading-edge research, often with undergraduates at their sides. Horned Frogs live, learn and play 24-7 in a 277-acre setting in a vibrant city. They work out in state-of-the-art recreation facilities, catch Big 12 NCAA athletic competition and participate in 200+ organizati...ons, all without leaving the campus. That’s when they’re not providing thousands of hours of volunteer service to their community, interning in New York or LA, practicing journalism in Washington, D.C., experiencing international business in China or perfecting Spanish in Seville. It’s how Horned Frogs are learning to change the world.