A. To actively promote the efficient use of electricity and all products and services to members of the cooperative.
B. To implement and conduct programs and services that promote member service and enhance the image of the cooperative to its members and general public.
C. To promote positive member and public relations by actively participating in civic and community organizations and developing support for the cooperatives plans, programs and objectives.
D. To provide and assist in the delivery of exceptional member service to the cooperative’s members.
II. Reporting Relationships
A. Reports to the Vice President, Marketing & Development
B. Directs none.
III. Essential Functions
A. Actively create and maintain on-going business relationship with the cooperative’s Key Accounts.
B. Actively promote and market all products and services provided through the cooperative.
C. Conducts on site energy audits to determine energy efficiency and conservation measures that can be implemented by members to more efficiently utilize electricity in their homes and businesses.
D. Resolves complaints and works within bounds of established policies and procedures to reach a resolution for the member.
E. Calculates heating and air-conditioning loads to determine size and applicability of space conditioning equipment options for members.
F. Assists in writing articles and preparing pamphlets, brochures and photography for various publications of the cooperative.
G. Conducts both formal and informal meetings to inform and train Cooperative employees.
H. Makes presentations to consumer groups, civic clubs, professional groups, youth groups, schools and other organizations.
Page 2 Position Description Marketing Representative
I. Establishes and maintains good working relationships with allied organizations, government officials and agencies, and other influential individuals and organizations. J. Develop and maintain a list of suitable sites for economic develop purposes. Be aware of economic development activities and how that will impact the cooperative.
K. Actively engages with members and the general public to promote a positive image of the cooperative.
L. Participates in job training, safety and employee information meetings.
IV. Other Functions
A. Develops and advises Vice President, Marketing & Development of methods to enhance the Cooperative and departmental goals.
B. Provides assistance to other Cooperative employees as assigned to resolve member needs and issues.
C. Undergo training as needed.
D. Maintains a professional appearance and attitude.
E. Stays informed on a continuing basis of all items of interest to the Cooperative.
F. Answers telephone and in-person inquiries in a manner that conveys understanding and acceptance of the cooperative’s plans, programs and objectives.
G. Observes and reports all hazardous and unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
H. Reports the need to purchase and repair materials, supplies and equipment.
I. Keeps daily time and mileage records.
J. Performs other duties as requested or directed.
1. Vice President, Marketing & Development: To request and provide advice and assistance when required, to confer on problems, to seek necessary approvals and to keep informed of departmental and Cooperative policies and procedures and to discuss any unusual problems affecting the job.
2. District Manager: To advise, assist and inform of matters pertaining to the Cooperative.
3. All Departments: To assist in matters concerning member’s needs, the Cooperative’s products and services and Cooperative image.
Page 3 Position Description Marketing Representative
1. Members: Provide exceptional member service relating to all matters concerning the Cooperative.
2. Allied organizations including, but not limited to local Home Builders' Association, Chambers of Commerce and civic clubs. To represent the Cooperative in a manner to most effectively develop a friendly working relationship.
3. Community: To be involved in local and state activities and organizations. To work with the community and other organizations as a local citizen and a representative of the Cooperative. To improve public relations, maintain high acceptance of the Cooperative and support the community.
4. Schools and Extension Service: To provide programs on electricity, the Cooperative and youth programs.
VI. Wage and Salary Information
A. This position is a salary exempt position under the Wage and Hour laws and overtime compensation is not required.
MARKETING & DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE
Education Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in utility marketing, energy management and/or public relations is required. Must be willing to participate in job related training, workshops and seminars when requested.
Experience Previous experience with an electric utility, marketing, energy management or public relations preferred.
Job Knowledge Should have basic knowledge of electricity, heating and cooling systems, residential construction and energy management. Should have good computer skills working with Microsoft Office products. Should have basic knowledge of digital photography. Must be supportive of and willing to promote Cooperative ideals and principles.
Abilities and Skills Should be skilled in meeting and dealing with public. Must be able to effectively communicate technical information both orally and in writing. Must possess the ability to work independently and plan and organize workload efficiently, as well as work on several projects simultaneously. Must be willing and able to be active in community activities and organizations. Must possess a valid driver’s license. This is a safety sensitive position where the employee holding this position has the responsibility for his/her own safety or other people’s safety.
Working Conditions Office and field work both required. Some irregular hours with night meetings and occasional overnight travel required. Some climbing, stooping, bending and lifting (up to 50 pounds) required.