Reporting directly to the Director of Marketing Strategy and Fan Engagement, the Marketing and Fan Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for engaging with students, campus partners, and fans to build brand affinity and increase attendance at events.
– Develops and executes marketing plans and outreach strategies to increase brand awareness, engage fans, and improve attendance at sporting events with the goal of growing revenue through ticket sales.
– Manages all in-game promotional activities including scripting, music, video board content, sponsorship activation’s, in-game entertainment and on court promotions for select sports.
– Oversees the development, production and distribution of all print and digital marketing materials for select sports.
– Organizes and directs photoshoots and video shoots to develop creative advertising and marketing content with the goal of improving brand affinity, enhancing fan engagement and generating revenue.
– Partners with select head coaches and Athletics Communications staff to develop and distribute digital content on a variety of social media platforms to improve fan engagement.
– Partners with the Foggy Bottom community and GW campus partners to build a sense of community around GW Athletics by developing and executing co-sponsored events, cross programming and integrated promotions.
– Assists with the management of the GW Spirit Program, including budget oversight for the cheer team, dance team, mascots and Colonial Brass Pep Band.
– Responsible for managing fundraising initiatives to achieve a minimum of $25K annually to support Spirit Program expenses. Manages the intake and invoicing of all mascot appearances (May serve in the role of or otherwise supervise the Head Coach for the First Ladies dance team).
– Serves as the department advisor for student groups like the Colonial Army, Colonial Brass Pep Band.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Strong communication skills, organizational skills, and proficiency with a variety of software products
Ability to work on projects individually, as well as within a team
Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities and tasks
Strong desire to pursue a career in intercollegiate athletics marketing and events
Experienced with branding excellence, preferably in athletics
About George Washington University
Founded in 1821, GW is the largest institution of higher education in the District of Columbia, to include ten academic units, with a full-time equivalent enrollment of a little over 20,000 students and approximately 11,000 full-time and part-time employees (faculty and staff). The George Washington University is a community dedicated to learning, communication, respect, service and teamwork. As one of the largest private employers in the District of Columbia, the university seeks employees who support the teaching, research, and public service mission of the university.