The Event Marketing Manager is responsible for the marketing, branding, promotion and communications for Global Summits, the annual marquis event for the professional association. Under the direction of the VP of Strategic Events and with guidance from the Director of Marketing, this position will utilize expertise in creating innovative marketing solutions, experiential marketing and communicate event benefits to motivate attendance, engagement and participation in support of business goals.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and the VP of Strategic Events to develop and execute the overall marketing strategy and communications for the association’s annual summits and other assigned events.
- Execution of the event marketing activities: lead generation, research, planning, advertising, promotional development and execution, monitoring, evaluating, and communicating the success of these activities.
- Produce summit related marketing copy and material in print and electronic form (including program guide, signage, sponsored events/programs, summit app, etc.).
- Ensure accuracy of summit marketing communications including proofreading, on-target messaging and tone, corporate branding consistency and cultural sensitivity and verbiage.
- Ensure timely dissemination of summit marketing information through a variety of print, mail, electronic, digital and telephonic channels to specific targeted audiences.
- Compose and execute creative strategies for summit communication programs for a variety of audiences, write promotional copy, guide design development, visual communication, and production.
- Provide day-to-day management of external event marketing / PR vendors and internal resources engaged in summit marketing activities such as art directing, copy writing, production, etc.
- Development and implementation of all promotional tactics including audience selection, email, online, direct mail, advertising, etc.
- Write post-promotional evaluation for summits.
- Work with appropriate leadership to develop, manage, monitor, and report on budgets provided for event marketing programs.
- Conduct appropriate marketing research, planning, execution and analysis and recommendation-building for the Strategic Events department and senior management when needed to include offerings and competitive analysis of other CRE associations.
- Serve as event marketing liaison to Content Strategy Group to provide expertise and insight related to audience, market, and competitive landscape.
- Recommend and guide implementation of initiatives or improvements in summit / event products, programs, services and functionality in order to provide an exceptional member experience.
- Keep current with best practices in email marketing, content marketing, experiential marketing and automation strategies.
- Work with marketing team to plan, implement and track summit and event promotional email campaigns within our email automation platform. Evaluate metrics measurements; Analyze ROI and innovate new ideas to optimize and improve campaigns.
- Direct internal and external designers on the application of graphic and brand elements from product/service/program marketing campaigns to email templates.
- Provide on-site staff support during summits and other assigned events.