Location: Unity, ME
Posted: May 03, '17
About Unity College:
Unity College is a private, liberal arts, sustainability science-based institution with an environmental focus. The College offers Bachelor's and Associates degrees and currently enrolls over 650 full and part-time students. Known for hands-on learning in a full range of environmental programs, a collaborative faculty and staff, and a strong community, Unity College occupies a special niche in higher education and as such has been named 2016-2017 College of Distinction. The College offers internship sites in nearly 50 states and around the world in countries such as Zimbabwe, Belize, Ghana, Chile, Iceland and Israel and study abroad opportunities in 23 countries. Unity College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. (NEASC) and its mid-coast Maine location provides easy access to beaches, mountains, and Portland.
The Chief Recruiting and Marketing Officer (CRMO) leads efforts to open new and secure existing revenue markets at Unity College. The CRMO works with senior leadership to establish strategic direction and leads execution of institutional positioning, recruitment, and marketing efforts. The CRMO works with the President and senior leadership to continue to transform Unity College from a college with a strong regional presence to a leading national institution of higher education with a clear Return on Investment approach. The CRMO is integral in the identification and development of all new markets and educational enterprises and may have a portfolio of new educational enterprises for direct execution. The successful CRMO will provide the college with grounded creativity through proven strategy, data-based decision-making, and industry-disrupting invention. Within the framework of functional leadership, the CRMO supports and is supported by other senior level leaders and works with all constituencies to realize the Unity College Mission and Strategic Plan. Specific duties include (but are not all inclusive):
* Leads positioning, recruitment, and marketing efforts at Unity College and ensures achievement of institutionally established recruitment, marketing and revenue goals for each.
* Partners with Chiefs of Academic Affairs and Student Success to integrate curricular, co-curricular, and residential components into a transformative and developmentally-differentiated living and learning experience through the educational framework of sustainability science.
* Works with Senior Staff and the Chief Student Success Officer (CSSO) to prepare and execute a comprehensive enrollment management plan that aligns with the Unity College Strategic Plan and includes a timeline with benchmarks, success metrics, and associated budgets.
* Develops and executes an integrated positioning, recruitment, communication, and marketing plan that advances the institution's strategic plan and mission, ensures attainment of enrollment goals, differentiates Unity College, and increases its national exposure.
* Works with senior leadership to identify entrepreneurial education opportunities and executes development of new initiatives as assigned by the President.
* Ensures achievement of annual institutional revenue targets while managing discount rate within institutionally established thresholds.
* Achieves institutional recruitment goals for core college programs including academic and co-curricular, residential and remote.
* Works with distance learning programs to align institutional branding and recruitment with online marketing and recruitment efforts.
* Provides supervision and management oversight for recruitment and marketing areas such as branding, communications, events, summer programming, admissions, financial aid, or others as assigned.
* Establishes and maintains departmental plans for each supervisory area including goals, measurable outcomes, assessment plan, budget, timeline, and benchmarks for each.
* Advocates for institutional resources to create and maintain high quality recruitment and marketing programs, and prepares and manages the budget for areas of oversight.