The Texas Academy of General Dentistry (Texas AGD) is a volunteer professional association dedicated to helping general dentists succeed. Representing over 2900 members at the State level and ten (10) local components around the state of Texas, Texas AGD advances excellency in general dentistry by promoting and producing high quality continuing dental education as well as advocating on behalf of the general dentist.
The Marketing Manager is an essential position to the operations of Texas AGD. Leading the Membership Services Division, the manager is a versatile member of the Membership Services Division and the entire team. Working independently, the Manager will position Texas AGD as the leading organization for general dentists and will create and maintain positive relationships on behalf of Texas AGD to all members, other shareholders, and the press.
This position will have the responsibility of managing all Texas AGD marketing, membership and communications to members, leadership, and partners throughout Texas. It is important that the Manager use good judgment in decisions that will affect the organization, the Texas AGD Board of Directors, the Executive Director and the members. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Marketing and Communications
- Develops, manages, and evaluates marketing plan in conjunction with the Executive Director
- Manages and builds brand strength through consistent and successful facilitation of internal and external communications
- Develops, manages, and evaluates communications plan, including member, partnership, and public outreach and social media strategies in conjunction with the Executive Director
- Manages implementation of communication strategies.
- Oversees editorial promotional calendar of all Texas AGD events including local components, annual conferences and other programs as related. This includes oversight of updates to email lists in Constant Contacts.
- Manages and oversees the design, production and distribution of all content promotions and copy through: social media, website and print/electronic collateral, newsletters, videos and periodicals.
- Develops and oversees promotional materials and marketing schedule to assist components in the communications and positioning of their events
- Evaluates effectiveness of promotional campaigns and recommends adjustments as needed. Includes evaluation of website analytics.
- Promotes and sells appropriate and relevant advertising opportunities within organization to meet budget goals
- Cultivates and sustains positive relations with local, regional, and statewide media and community partners to establish and further develop Texas AGD as the voice of the general dentist
- Oversees media outreach strategies
- Oversees pre and post conference exhibitor experience
- Serves as on-site manager for exhibitors during conferences
- Works with the entire team to execute success at conferences.
- Monitors use and continually searches for other avenues to connect to members
- Oversees the membership efforts related to retention and recruitment in order to enhance our image and position within the marketplace
- Oversees membership reports for accuracy
- Manages design and content of membership promotions and campaigns
- Directs and oversees the annual Texas Academy Awards to ensure successful budget goals, attendance and event logistics
- Oversees award processes to include: New Dentist of the Year, Dentist of the Year, Senior Student Dental Awards, UAA, Fellows and Masters and any other membership awards.
- Manages and oversees two full time staff positions
- Develops and manages Membership Services Division Budget
- Develops divisional board report
- Manages and works with outside consultant for design of publication
- Develops, implements, and monitors systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the communications and membership functions.
- Answer telephone, direct calls, respond to member requests and assist with general upkeep of TEXAS AGD office to maintain professional environment.
- Performs other administrative tasks and general office duties as assigned.
- Manages all divisional electronic and print files
As with all the staff positions at Texas AGD, this position requires a strong ability to represent the organization in a professional manner and communicate effectively with Texas AGD staff, members, leaders and other stakeholders.