Actors Gymnasium seeks a full-time Marketing Manager to fill seats, attract new students, and promote our events.
To perform this role you will:
- Collaborate with the Artistic and Executive Directors to ensure a clear and accurate interpretation of the company’s vision and brand.
- Design strategies, manage budgets, and implement tactics through a variety of media, traditional and new, including social media, digital, print, and online publications, TV and radio.
- Manage priorities appropriately, oftentimes multitasking within and between the primary program areas of education, productions including collaborations, and offsite events.
The Marketing Manager is a key member of the small but mighty staff team, attending company events, representing the organization, and passionately promoting our programs. You are responsible for all aspects of managing, designing and executing the full spectrum of marketing activities. In support, our Office Coordinator maintains the website and database, we have a contract Graphic Designer, and an active internship program.
This is a fast-paced environment where you will be expected to execute effectively, communicate clearly, and write inspirationally, while paying attention to every detail. Actors Gym earns more than half our annual revenue through tuition-based programs, ticket sales and special events. Success is measured by several factors including attainment of earned revenue targets, growth in new audiences, attainment of goals established in the annual marketing plan, and other analytics.
The Marketing Manager collaborates closely with the Executive and Artistic Directors to ensure a clear and accurate interpretation of the organization’s vision and brand. The Marketing Manager designs strategies and implements tactics by communicating through a variety of media, traditional and new, including social media, digital, print and online publications, TV, and radio. Success is measured by several factors including attainment of earned revenue targets, growth in new audiences, retention of current stakeholders, attainment of goals established in the annual marketing plan, and other analytics.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Maximizing engagement with and shaping public perception of The Actors Gymnaisum through print communications, publications, electronic media, media relations, and public events.
- Conducting the full spectrum of marketing activities for all company operations, collaborating as required with leadership, creative teams, guest artists, and program staff.
- Developing and effectively managing a marketing budget that includes branding, publicity, audience development, market research, appropriate segmentation, graphic design, and marketing operations.
- Managing customer-focused channels including digital (email, mobile, etc.), direct mail, and other media. Managing the company’s social media platforms. Through those platforms this position will function as the voice of AG. Supervising the Office Coordinator’s maintenance of the company website.
- Producing all marketing materials, managing graphic design contractor, coordinating print production and distribution. Utilizing interns, vendors and consultants to achieve annual and long-range goals.
- Acting as primary liaison to the press – creating and sending press releases, managing all interviews, and coordinating between subjects and the media.
- Attending networking events, expos, trade shows, etc. Developing community ties to further develop the profile of The Actors Gymnasium. Developing strategic partnership activities and implementing the plan on identified opportunities.
- Marketing company Fundraising events and activities.
The Marketing Manager operates as a key member of the staff team:
- Providing guidance and assistance whenever possible
- Attending staff meetings
- Submitting weekly staff reports
- Supporting company events and activities
- Performing other duties as reasonably requested.
ABOUT ACTORS GYMNASIUM
The Actors Gymnasium is one of the nation’s premier circus and performing arts centers. Dedicated to bringing a new physicality to the American Theatre, The Actors Gymnasium:
- Teaches circus arts, physical theatre and multi-disciplinary performance to children and adults;
- Produces original, daring works of circus-theatre, often in collaboration;
- Serves as a talent resource, providing innovative special event entertainment.
- At The Actors Gymnasium people Learn To Fly – physically, emotionally, and creatively.
Our core values are creativity, community and courage. We believe that inclusion and equity are fundamental platforms for our mission, vision and programs.