Placer Valley Tourism has entered into a long term agreement with Placer County to renovate, invigorate and manage the 60 acre Placer County Fairgrounds and Event Center in the heart of Roseville, CA. The site consists of a total of more than 25,000 sq. feet of meeting and exhibit space in three buildings, a grandstand speedway with 5,000 person capacity, animal barns, RV Park and grounds. PVT is embarking on a $6,000,000 renovation to be completed in 2017. PVT is also exploring the possibilities of expanding facility options. This is an exciting project for individuals who are innovative, entrepreneurial, and diligent with business savvy.
To promote and sell Placer County Event Center & Fairgrounds as a premier convention, meeting, event, festival and celebration destination with a focus both on local rentals and events that achieve specific room night goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsible for planning and implementing regional and local sales efforts to maximize convention, conference, and tradeshow business that support the hospitality market and the operations of the facility:
- Maintain regular follow up with existing customer base to ensure service levels and secure referrals
- Prepare and deliver proposals for potential client consideration
- Generate new business through research, direct sales, and prospecting
- Attend and organize participation at industry tradeshows, sales missions, and networking opportunities while soliciting new and repeat business. This position requires travel and work outside normal business hours
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with clients in the state association and SMERF markets; create and maintain a robust database
- Coordinate and conduct site tours for meeting planners and prospective renters showcasing facilities and attractions
- Compile monthly and year end sales reports for the Board of Directors
- Provide administrative, marketing and budgetary management for the sales department