Core-Asset Consulting's client, a workplace savings and pensions company, is looking for an individual to join their marketing team in Edinburgh in a Risk/Governance capacity for an initial contract of 3 - 6 months.
- Develop and embed an effective risk management and controls framework in the channel to manage/mitigate operational, regulatory, market, conduct and other risks and issues.
- Drive the business to use timely data and insight to monitor progress and make real time decisions by leading the function in the tracking and reporting of the channel's risk management and controls framework.
- Contribute to the overall leadership of the channel as a senior member of the marketing team and present the insight and analysis and push the channel to make decisions and take actions to mitigate issues/risks.
- Act as the distribution and marketing departmental risk lead.
- Ensure the governance framework is implemented and followed by all risk representatives in the department.
- Facilitate and co-ordinate all risk activities across the department.
- Proactively ensure the risk representatives are completing actions in accordance with deadlines and plans.
- Provide support and guidance to the department in delivering the risk framework.
- Act as the escalation point for the department and escalate accordingly.
- Review the governance framework annual and maintain its implementation.
- Lead the preparation for, chair, and minute the sub governance meetings and the governance committee.
- Oversee completion of, and approval of a single risk activity plan for the department.
- Oversee completion of, and approval of the risk profile for the department.
- Represent the department at key meetings.
- Oversee completion of, and approval of; internal control certificate, policy compliance gap analysis, risk paper requests, risk data provision etc.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry is essential as well as knowledge of markets, clients and products within financial services.
- Must have an understanding of customer conduct outcomes and how the need for organisational processes evolve to deliver better customer outcomes.
- Comprehensive understanding of governance reporting and process.
- Good regulatory understanding in respect of investments, e.g. investment rules / TCF.
- Experience designing, evaluating and operating governance and control frameworks (ideally within financial services).
- Experience of coordinating activities across teams, creating and improving processes, operational risk management and risk processes and marketing process improvement.
- Ideally a general financial services or marketing qualification e.g. FPC, APMI, CIM, IDM.
- Strong leadership ability both in setting direction and managing the risk framework.
Job reference: 9348
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.