Octo Telematics is the number one global provider of telematics and data analytics solutions for the auto insurance industry. Founded in 2002, Octo pioneered the insurance telematics industry. Today, Octo is the largest and most experienced insurance telematics company in the world, transforming auto insurance through behavioral, contextual and driving analytics for more than 60 insurance partners and 4.8 million connected users The company is headquartered in London, with offices in Boston, Rome, Stuttgart, Madrid, and Sao Paulo.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Octo Telematics North America is looking for a high energy, eager Business Development Representative to work collaboratively with our Director of Sales to identify and qualify outbound sales opportunities. This role offers the opportunity for growth and advancement for highly motivated individuals through a range of marketing/sales operations roles within a team environment. If you are a self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication skills, well-organized, and able to multi-task, this may be the perfect role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Become an expert on all of Octo’s services and products—i.e. knowing the details about our case studies and sales campaign content—and growing familiar with our current programs and competitors.
- Generate, warm, develop and qualify leads to hand off to the sales team. Fill the sales pipeline each month with sales opportunities.
- Work closely with the Director of Sales to learn the sales pitch and complement our sales process.
- Partner with the Sales Director to insure their success by finding and handing off quality prospects in a seamless and effective process.
- Work with our internal marketing, sales and creative teams in the creation, organization and deployment of monthly outbound lead generation campaigns.
- Follow email and other digital out-reach campaigns with cold/warm phone calls, and personalized emails to create awareness and fill the sales pipeline each month.
- Engage with executive level prospects through a combination of warm and cold phone calls, email and other lead-generation activities to uncover sales opportunities and secure meetings for sales team members.
- Field in-bound lead opportunities, warming and then handing off to the appropriate sales team member.
- Support the lead gathering process by doing frequent online prospect research to identify targets that meet our customer profile.
- Utilize various webinar tools and technology to conduct client meetings and to interact with colleagues, including: Lync, Join.ME, and GoTo Meeting.
- Prepare and deliver both public-facing and internal documentation (client questionnaires, sales proposals, customer satisfaction surveys, service datasheets, meeting agendas, etc.)