The International institute for Nanotechnology (IIN) at Northwestern University is currently seeking an Associate Director of Marketing and Communications to create and execute world-class communications and marketing campaigns that promote and support the organization and its programs.
The ideal candidate is a communications expert who thrives on working on multiple campaigns using a mix of channels and tactics while measuring marketing tactics success through a variety of analytics. Working with diverse teams across the university, the Manager should be friendly, professional and mature. The ability to share the load, the fun, and the credit, is required; as well as the ability to thrive in a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality. A background in science and/or engineering is not required.
- Create and implement an integrated strategic communications plan to advance the IIN brand, broaden awareness of its programs, accomplishments, and priorities; and increase its visibility across key stakeholder audiences.
- Create a public relations campaign that allows the IIN leadership to cultivate new and enhance existing meaningful relationships with targeted audiences.
- Develop and implement digital and print marketing and communications strategy and content distribution plan that supports overall strategic direction and branding strategies for the IIN.
- Develop vision, strategy, and direction for integrated marketing and communication plans for the IIN and all of its products, programs, and services.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for all digital media activities including structure, content, features, communications, and policies.
- Act as in-house journalist, identifying and writing press releases, blogs, email blasts, and all other communications that articulate the Institute's brand.
- Develop all communication materials, including annual report, marketing collateral materials, and electronic communications.
- Uncover communication insights and trends to provide strategic leadership in a collaborative, cross-functional environment.
- Collaborate on the development of and monitor communication budgets to ensure quality production and fiscal responsibility.
- Execute all of the programs and features of the communication and marketing products to ensure that content and presentation are in-synch with branding and overall communication strategies.
- Monitor and track results to calculate return-on-investment on all marketing and social media campaigns. Develop meaningful metrics and provide data-driven recommendations for continued improvement and best practices.
- Develop and implement creative content across all platforms.
- Play a key role in shaping a consistent brand identity and institutional voice throughout all aspects of the Institute's communication materials, promotional initiatives, and marketing channels.
- Identify and engage new audiences and partners.
- Manage the IIN Nanotechnology Corporate Partners (NCP) program, (1) research prospects, initiate conversations, organize discovery visits, secure new NCP members, program sponsors, and sponsored research; (2) develop and implement a creative plan to provide expert ongoing stewardship of NCP members and other corporate sponsors.
- Managing the creation, execution and evaluation of digital marketing campaigns, and digital program survey mechanisms.
- Development and managing vendor, consultant, freelance, printer, advertising and other supplier relationships in support of marketing and communication goals.
- Develop and manage listservs and databases.
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate media outlets.
- Organize and manage photoshoots and video productions.
- Organize and manage annual public relations events, including Annual Nanotechnology Corporate Partners Day.