The Knowledge Center Director works with the Member Value Fulfillment team and drives the ARF’s Knowledge strategy to best serve the needs of our Members and provide them with actionable insights and curated information driving action and decision-making.
The Knowledge Center Director leads the Knowledge Center team to compile, analyze & synthesize information and data on the industry’s hot topics, assisting & coaching members in use of self-service tools, providing direction and referral, and answering advertising-related questions. The Senior Knowledge Expert has also a key role in the design and implementation of the knowledge architecture strategy, as well as making it accessible and actionable to members. This person is also actively involved in the design and development of the Knowledge Center publications – such as the ARF newsletters - and web content.
The ARF Knowledge Center’s mission is to empower our members with ARF and industry knowledge and make it accessible 24x7.
Established in 1953 to serve as a central resource for the wealth of materials relating to advertising research, The ARF Knowledge Center houses reports, papers, and videos developed from the formative years of the advertising research industry to the latest and most current information. The Knowledge Center is the hub for the ARF Pros Network, where the very brightest minds in the industry come together to solve our industry’s key challenges together.
The ARF Knowledge Center also offers specialized tools and services to help members keep up-to-date with the latest knowledge and assist them in solving leading- and bleeding- edge solutions applicable to their business needs.
- Run the Knowledge Center as a world-class service organization and identify revenue opportunities from operations.
- Work with Research & Innovation to develop a knowledge plan for their research
- Synthesize learning and viewpoints from ARF conferences, forums, webinars and JAR into member briefings for NYC and regional markets
- Work with CEO, Marketing and Membership to identify and report the issues member company executive management is grappling with, and develop deliverables to address them
- Develop, manage and maintain: a searchable, unified database of ARF and third-party resources (currently PowerSearch); an industry, economic, social, and news dashboard (currently Morning Coffee); summaries of key topics (Knowledge@Hand; an ARF community for thought leadership (LinkedIn group); and assisted services.
- Advocate and promote the role of knowledge for improving advertising, marketing and media research. Liaise with other stakeholders to create and implement innovative ways to promote the Knowledge Center, especially through website and content marketing.
- Establish and implement policies:
- The Knowledge Request Process – including turnaround, prioritizing requests or projects, delineating the scope of the knowledge service, standard quality of research and response.
- Knowledge Accession & Retention- knowledge selection and disposition for library, archives and database.
- Knowledge Sharing – identify and communicate what and what cannot be distributed or shared with members and non-members.
- Knowledge Capture – Create templates (in terms of guidelines for content) for Forum notes, conference reports, Knowledge@Hands, and other knowledge assets. Establish process for departments to share their knowledge assets to be included in PowerSearch and/or website.
- Analyze and report KC usage trends to help content creation for ARF events and programming.
- Answer ARF member research requests and assist in internal knowledge requests with synthesized reports & internal analysis,
- making sure that the requests are handled on time
- Assist in writing Knowledge@Hands (i.e. 2-4 page overviews synthesizing research findings on key industry topics)
- Assist membership and ARF staff use the Knowledge Center tools and resources.
- Assist in designing and implementing the Knowledge Architecture, classifying and maintaining data files, historical archives & inventory of ARF publications.
- Assist in content creation for the Knowledge Center publications – such as the ARF Newsletter- as well as for the ARF Website
- Oversee Knowledge Center interns