Schedule: M-F, 8am to 5pm and hours outside normal working schedule as necessary.
Columbus State is seeking a full-time Videographer to join the Marketing & Communications team to coordinate all promotional video and multimedia content for the College. This position goes beyond shooting and editing and requires a strategic thinker who is able to imagine how video can play a role in content marketing to increase online engagement and support digital advertising campaigns.
The Videographer must have advanced creative and technical expertise, an ability to create emotionally-engaging storytelling and communications across a wide variety of media, and exceptional communication and project management skills. The Videographer will create videos for both public and employee audiences.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of five years of experience as a full-time Videographer on an in-house marketing team collaborating with writers, designers, website staff, event staff, and others as well as an ability to work with all levels of leadership. Accountability, collaboration, and humility are essential qualities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities, covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, in accordance with its requirements.
Duties are numbered for convenience, and do not indicate order in terms of importance, frequency that the duty is performed, or the amount of time spent on the duty.
1) Develops and implements projects that put Columbus State at the forefront of video marketing in higher education.
2) Works with Marketing & Communications team members to create compelling, digital advertising.
3) Creates a wide range of videos such as industry and program videos, testimonials, event coverage, culture, explainer, influencer, and more.
4) Formats videos for different contexts, including website, mobile, email, social media, and television.
5) Serves as Videographer at all College and College-related events, including live video streams.
6) Collaborates with peers and partners to determine video purpose, message, audience, and audience action.
7) Makes decisions with audience or users in mind.
8) Presents concepts and creates storyboards.
9) Plans and organizes video shoots.
10) Secures and mixes music and sound for videos and presentations.
11) Shoots and edits still photography for use in College promotional material (print and digital).
12) Makes decisions about posting, distributing, hosting, and promoting videos.
13) Measures success of videos through analytics when appropriate.
14) Creates and maintains video library and manages YouTube channel.
15) Partners with Director to oversee video consultants.
16) Monitors video content marketing trends and identifies opportunities to expand marketing communications and enhance the College brand.
17) Participates in kick off meetings, brainstorm sessions, and team reviews.
18) Collaborates with others in a team environment to complete complex projects.
19) Plans, coordinates, and completes a variety of projects simultaneously.
20) Creates and updates jobs in team project management database.
21) Contributes to media buying conversations.
22) Follows College brand guidelines.
23) Works assigned schedule exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works outside of normal schedule as needed to meet workload demands.
24) Performs other related duties as required.
Usual Physical Demands: The incumbent of this position typically exhibits the physical demands identified in the Functional Job Analysis on file in the College's Human Resources Department and which is periodically reviewed and updated. Physical demands listed in the Functional Job Analysis are not job qualification standards, but are used to help the College assess and determine reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified individuals covered by the American's with Disabilities Act.
The Videographer regularly walks across campus, often carrying camera and video equipment weighing approximately 25 pounds. Ability to sit for extended periods of time while working at a computer and occasionally standing and walking. Vision demands include use of wide field of vision required for using a video camera and frequent close, relatively detailed vision when focusing on a computer screen.
Working Conditions: Normal office working conditions. Regular exposure to moderate noise typical to business offices. Must travel to various Columbus State campuses and sites.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of: best practices in video shooting, video content marketing, multimedia production, marketing and communications strategies, and graphic design and photography principles; expert level knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro, and intermediate knowledge of media design software such as Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Audition. Skill in: excellent communication; ; video editing and incorporating b-roll, graphics, special effects, music, and voiceover; accountability, collaboration, and humility; understanding how video can be combined with other content to achieve strategic goals; excel at video storytelling that achieves emotional impact. Ability to: remain flexible and adaptable in response to changing customer requests; work with all levels of leadership; connect and communicate with leaders, peers, students, actors, interviewees, and others; maintain confidential and sensitive information; develop project timelines and meet deadlines; accept and implement feedback with positivity; learn and develop skills in new media technologies as they arise.
Minimum Qualifications: Associate's degree in video/multimedia production or communication, visual communication, film, or a closely related field with at least five years of experience as a full-time Videographer on a marketing team collaborating with writers, designers, website staff, event staff, and others. State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to work site(s).
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with photography, animation, motion graphics, interviewing, and television commercials.
Additional Information: Candidates must provide a link to a portfolio of online work with application to be considered for this position. Finalists will be required to complete a short video project as part of the interview process. Applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter detailing their experience with photography, animation, motion graphics, interviewing, and television commercials.
Internal Number: req2273_1541079558
About Columbus State Community College
Columbus State Community College has been meeting the diverse educational needs of the Central Ohio community for more than 50 years. The college is proud to be an important contributor to the growth and progress of the region and to serve as the front door to higher education in Central Ohio. From the first graduating class in 1965 through this year, 50,000 students have earned associate degrees in 50-plus technical fields and academic transfer programs. Columbus State also offers Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degree programs whose coursework fulfills the freshman and sophomore year requirements for bachelor’s degree programs offered by four-year colleges and universities throughout the state. Specific transfer agreements with more than 40 colleges and universities are in place at Columbus State, and new direct-to degree partnership programs are being developed all the time. Columbus State now has two campuses serving Central Ohio educational needs. The Columbus Campus is located on 85 acres in downtown Columbus. The 108-acre, full-service Delaware Campus welcomed its first students in 2010. Additionally, Columbus State offers classes at nine convenient regional learning centers throughout Central Ohio.
BACK TO TOP
ARF Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else ARF Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at ARF Career Center.