Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Vice President, Marketing & Communications position. Reporting directly to the President, the Vice President for Marketing & Communications develops and leads implementation of the College's institution-wide marketing and communications. As part of that role, the Vice President for Marketing and Communications will provide leadership and oversight for government relations strategies.
The Vice President creates a multi-year plan for the College, shaping and managing activities that promote the College mission and enhancing the College's visibility and brand reputation. Serving as a member of the College's senior leadership, the Vice President is responsible for the creation and integration of a broad range of public relations and marketing activities relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the organization and its leadership.
This individual serves as an ambassador for the organization, developing relationships with the media and external partners - including government officials. Within the College, the Vice President sets the appropriate tone for a “marketing culture” and leads the creation of partnerships with key trustees, faculty, donors and staff. The goal is to advance Community College of Philadelphia's brand and position with prospective students and other relevant constituents such as parents and external partners, as well as to drive broader awareness and donor support for the organization. The Vice President ensures the quality of the College's varied and integrated marketing and communications products and services including: brand building; print publications; social media; mass media; web, e-news and other online communications; media and public relations. The Vice President will oversee the promotion, development and organization of campus events. The Vice President for Marketing and Communications will supervise the following units: marketing; creative services; communications & media relations; special events and community relations.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
College-paid life and disability insurance
College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Master's degree in marketing, communications, or related field is required.
• Senior management experience is required.
• Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, technical and presentation skills and the ability to effectively partner with senior management, faculty, board members and staff.
• Extensive writing and editing experience with a variety of print and online communications media.
• Extensive knowledge and use of social media in a dynamic and integrated marketing environment.
• Ambitious innovator with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output.
• Demonstrated leadership in creating, implementing, and evaluating a multi-year, institution-wide marketing and communications plan.
• A collaborative and collegial orientation is key as is institutional savvy.
• Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives.
• Knowledge of trends and best practices in marketing and public relations as well as communications technology; successful experience with new digital media as communications tools and an understanding of their role in reaching objectives.
• Experience in building, mentoring and coaching a team of marketing and communications specialists.
• Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Stature, gravitas, and confidence to gain credibility and respect of Community College of Philadelphia leaders.
• Self-reliant, results oriented.
• Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
• Ability to work nights and weekends when needed.
• An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college staff and students required.
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate's degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive.
We offer over 70 degree and certificate programs in art, science, business, technology and liberal arts. Many of our students have hectic schedules, and we know how to accommodate every type of learner. Classes are held during the day, in the evening and on Saturdays at the Main Campus, our three Regional Centers and at neighborhood sites throughout the City. Distance education classes are also available.
BACK TO TOP
ARF Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else ARF Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at ARF Career Center.