This person is responsible for assisting the membership and marketing department with the planning and implementation of prospective member contact, new member orientation and continued contact with current members to create greater value. A degree of creativity, latitude, attention to organization and detail is required.
• Assist with communications to new members immediately after they have joined to review benefits and marketing services available to them.
• Assist with processing new member applications and generate website logins.
• Timely mailing of new member packets which include benefit materials.
• Assist with database updates for supplier and owner member records.
• Encourages membership renewals and keeps members up-to-date on program benefits.
• Assist with collections for accounting department for member dues as needed.
• Help new supplier members connect with a PSC mentor and gain greater value from their membership through the guidance of a veteran member.
• Create and maintain accurate membership files and update information in the membership database.
• Update member content on the website and assist prospects with online membership registration.
• Assists with regular postings of membership activity for HAA social media.
• Serves as the liaison to the social media committee.
• Contact members prior to and after their drop date to remind them of the dues renewals and reinstatements and facilitate this process.
• Coordinate and attend monthly committee and membership meetings including planning, agendas, meeting minutes, registration and other tasks.
• Assist with the execution of events and meetings.
• Assist with administrative tasks with supplier marketing services; including copying, mailings, filings, and inventory.
• Assist with publication content management.
• Provides reports to Membership and Marketing Vice President, General Manager and Executive Vice President on membership statistics and trends.
• Assist with front desk duties as needed.
• Create and prepare powerpoint presentions, email lists, mailings and other tasks as necessary.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, social media platforms as well as experience using database program(s).
• Ability to write letters, create forms and generate reports from database programs and answer telephones in a professional manner.
• Experience working for a non-profit trade or professional association is not required but could be beneficial.
• Some travel around Houston and Texas area to a variety of meetings held at restaurants. Evening and weekend meetings may be required.
Additional Salary Information: Excellent benefits: Eligible to join the Group Medical Plan which includes hospitalization and Group Dental Plan with the option to enroll a spouse and/or dependents the additional premium would be at your expense. You are automatically included in the Group Life and Group Long Term Disability Insurance Plans at no cost.
Eligible to participate in the company 401K plan, which includes company matching funds. You are 100% vested in the plan over the course of five years. For the first 3 percent of your salary you contribute, HAA will match the amount 100 percent. For the second 3 percent of your salary you contribute, HAA will match the amount 75 percent. You can put up a larger percentage of your gross salary into the plan or the maximum allowed by law and this is automatically deducted from your paycheck.
Earn and accrue five days of PTO your first year. You will also have a monthly paid day off (either a Monday or Friday, in consultation with your supervisor) and your birthday is a paid day off. We have a choice of work schedules, 8 - 5, 8:30 - 5:30, or 9 - 6.
Reimbursement for business trips or errands and the current rate per mile is 54 cents.
Reimbursement up to $40 a month towards fitness/gym membership.
The Houston Apartment Association is the leading advocate, resource and community partner for quality rental housing providers in the Houston and surrounding area. HAA is a trade association that represents 945 owner/management companies of apartment communities and 842 product/service supplier companies. With more than 614,000 apartment homes in more than 3,000 apartment communities, HAA represents over 90 percent of the Houston and surrounding areas apartments.