Director, Marketing and Communications, BC Center for Corporate Citizenship
April 4, 2018
Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.
Based at Boston College in its Carroll School of Management, the BC Center for Corporate Citizenship, the Center is the one-stop resource for professionals seeking information and insights that will help them to achieve maximum business and social value with their firms' environmental, social, and governance investments. The Center derives capacity, insight, and knowledge from its more than 450 member companies and thousands of individuals who participate in our programs and networks each year. Our global network allows us to bring together some of the best thinkers and most experienced practitioners in management to address important challenges confronted by business and our society today
The Director of Marketing and Communications leads efforts to increase public understanding of the Center for Corporate Citizenship's mission, strategic initiatives and products and is an integral part of providing educational and outreach activities that support corporations. S/he will lead the marketing and communications team, reporting to the Executive Director, and will participate as a member of the Executive Director's Management Leadership Team.
The Director will be the principal resource for the focus, schedule, development coordination, marketing, editorial and documentation of the Center for Corporate Citizenship web site (www.bcccc.net) and other external communications strategies. The Director is also responsible for the external positioning of the Center regarding traditional media relations, social media, publication production and other public representation opportunities such as speeches, journal articles and advisory board participation by Center executives. The Director also manages the Center brand in coordination with University marketing managers in the Carroll School of Management and Office of Marketing Communications. As a senior leader for the Center, the Director will be expected to serve as an external spokesperson and assume occasional external speaking and writing responsibilities at corporate events and conferences.
From strategy to execution, the Director works collaboratively with colleagues to improve constituents' engagement with and perception about the Center for Corporate Citizenship. The Director is also responsible for increasing enrollment in Center programs, expanding the corporate membership base and assuring positive experiences for the Center's members and potential members with the management of user-friendly web interfaces and utilization and other communication infrastructure.
$93,750.00 - $117,200
College degree required, Master's degree preferred, 5- 7 years professional marketing/communications management experience
Candidate must also have:
* Interest in Corporate Citizenship practice and practitioners.
* Thorough understanding of marketing and communications concepts and experience with executing them in the real world.
* Ability to provide competitive and strategic market analysis for the purpose of increasing the value of membership and revenue generation.
* Demonstrated ability to collect and analyze complex data from multiple sources and use them to inform new business strategies.
* Familiar with all aspects of web site development, design and analytics.
* Create lead generation opportunities using email, web, events, and other viable channels.
* Ability to work with Membership on managing CRM to maximize data quality and prospect management.
* Strong project management skills: ability to establish priorities, work within deadlines,
multi-task, and organize effectively.
* Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills.
* Polished presentation, interpersonal and facilitation skills.
* Experience creating and managing budgets.
* Experience working with third-party vendors, design agencies, and content developers
* Good understanding of the Web environment and Internet/Web marketing.
* Ability to drive initiatives from concept to implementation and on-going development in a fast-paced complex environment.
* Able to work well with colleagues all levels in the organization. Able to generate innovative ideas and solutions.
* Curiosity and commitment to stay current with trends in marketing, communications and general management practices.
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Internal Number: 1840
About Boston College
Boston College is one of the nation's best and most selective universities, with U.S. News & World Report ranking Boston College 31st among national universities, and Forbes ranking it 26th in its 2012 America's Best Colleges listing. Boston College confers more than 4,000 degrees annually in more than 50 fields of study through eight schools and colleges. Faculty members are committed to both teaching and research having earned nearly $60 million in research grants in the last year alone. The University has made a major commitment to academic excellence. As part of its Strategic Plan, Boston College is in the process of adding 100 new faculty positions, expanding faculty and graduate research, increasing student financial aid to more than $128 million annually, and widening opportunities in key undergraduate programs, such as international study, internships and student formation.