The Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) is recruiting for a Senior Marketing Manager reporting to Senior Director of Channel Deployment.
CASE is a global not-for-profit and membership association whose vision is to advance education to transform lives and society. Its mission is to inspire, challenge and equip communities of professionals to act effectively and with integrity to champion the success of their institutions. Advancing education in over 3,700 member institutions, CASE has 88,000 individual members in 82 countries.
Broad and growing communities of professional practice gather under the global CASE umbrella. Currently these include alumni relations, development services, digital, communications, fundraising, government relations, marketing and web. Individual members are at all stages of their career and may be working in universities, schools, colleges, cultural organizations or other not-for-profits. CASE membership also includes many corporate partners. CASE uses the intellectual capital and professional talents of an army of volunteers to advance its work.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CASE works across all continents from its regional offices in London, Singapore and Mexico City. CASE works to achieve a seamless experience for all its stakeholders: particularly its members, volunteers and staff. Working together across time zones and borders, CASE staff in all offices seek to make the ambitious OneCASE aspiration a reality.
The primary duty of this position is to manage the day-to-day promotional marketing activities for 200+ CASE products and services with an overall goal of supporting more than $18 million in revenue while increasing sales, member engagement and awareness of CASE products and services.
This position is responsible for designing and deploying direct marketing strategies and tactics to increase participation CASE conferences, symposia, webinars, and other member educational services, and assessing the effectiveness of these marketing strategies and tactics. This position is also responsible—working with senior staff in the Volunteer and Member Engagement group—for designing and deploying marketing outreach strategies to recruit and retain institutional and individual members, per the CASE strategic plan.
The ability to plan, manage multiple marketing programs and projects at once and directing staff to complete objectives is essential. Interpersonal communications skills are critical.
The core functions of this position include but are not limited to the following:
1. Manages cross-functional teams to collaborate on creation of marketing strategies and campaigns. Leads channel marketing efforts, integrating marketing and communications to promote CASE products and services, including more than 60 conferences annually, books, digital white papers and reports, career center and various other organizational initiatives.
2. Analyzes the effectiveness of these strategies, reports on the success of strategies, and revises strategies to create a stronger ROI. This position will identify key audience segments, as well as assess channel effectiveness and integration with communication teams.
3. Creates long-term marketing plans and production schedules for the promotion of products and services as well as short-term, high-return marketing campaigns. Ensures schedules are realistic and collaborates with internal clients on creative ideas. Directs the team to ensure that strategies and materials meet strategic plans and are delivered on schedule.
4. Delivers an aligned marketing strategy that delivers increased engagement with CASE’s products and services with an eye on e-commerce and member interactions with CASE digital storefront.
5. Works directly within the CASE membership database to identify and target appropriate audiences for additional promotions and cross-selling. Develops behavioral segments and customer personas that can be mined for additional engagement opportunities.
6. In collaboration with online communications staff, designs and deploys social media marketing strategies. Provides leadership and support for promotional efforts through use of social media, including use of Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to target and promote CASE products and services. Develops videos and other media as required.
7. Key contributor to an organizational editorial calendar, and creates email-based marketing promotions. Serves as the primary contact and administrator for Informz (email delivery system). Provides CASE staff training and best practices for Informz. Oversees scheduling coordination of other electronic communications with CASE staff and volunteers.
8. Creates a content marketing strategy that drives member engagement at CASE and that helps position the organization as a thought leader in higher education.
9. With the collaboration of the Digital Engagement Manager, evaluates the effectiveness of marketing efforts through sound data analytics. Participates as necessary in analyzing market research, web analytics and other data to determine audience preferences.
Fiscal Management/Budget Responsibilities/Judicious Use of Resources
1. Works with Senior Director of Channel Deployment to develop and gain approval for the marketing promotions budget for products and services and manages that budget.
2. Regularly reviews, records, and submits invoices for payment. Manages staff to ensure that specific promotional plans are within budget. Works with the Senior Director to suggest expenditures in areas such as software, outside advertising, and market research, as well as reviews of specific vendors. Researches and negotiates as necessary with vendors and freelancers to ensure competitive market pricing.
3. Exercises fiscal responsibility in the utilization of all CASE resources.
1. Exhibits appropriate leadership toward and works cooperatively with all volunteer groups for which this position is responsible. This may include the Board, Districts, Commissions, and others.
2. Collaborate with CASE colleagues in other parts of the world to ensure the best sharing of ideas, expertise and knowledge.
Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, publications, or related field; at least eight or more years of hands-on experience marketing products and services with demonstrated results; budgeting experience required. Must have prior experience managing staff. Project management certification a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
Experience in and demonstrated revenue results from promotional marketing. Must be a team leader with strong interpersonal communication skills. Must have strong project management and organizational skills, especially in managing simultaneous projects, meeting deadlines, and meeting internal program manger’s requirements and expectations. Must have proficiency in data mining and analytics. Must be fluent in technology and digital marketing practices, including e-newsletter software, design tools such as InDesign, and content management systems. Familiarity with the print and Web production processes a plus.
Interested candidates should CLICK HERE to apply. Applications MUST include a résumé and cover letter with salary requirements and/or salary history indicated on the cover letter. Applications without the required skills and experience or salary requirements will not be considered. Preference may be given to applications received by February 15, 2018.
About Council for Advancement and Support of Education
The Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) is a professional association serving educational institutions and the advancement professionals who work on their behalf in alumni relations, communications, development, marketing and allied areas. CASE helps its members build stronger relationships with their alumni and donors, raise funds for campus projects, produce recruitment materials, market their institutions to prospective students, diversify the profession, and foster public support of education. Key facts about CASE:
Founded in 1974 as the result of a merger between the American Alumni Council and the American College Public Relations Association
Maintains headquarters in Washington, D.C., with offices in London (CASE Europe, 1994), Singapore (CASE Asia-Pacific, 2007) and Mexico City (CASE Latina America, 2011)
Is one of the world's largest nonprofit educational associations in terms of institutional membership
Includes more than 3,670 colleges and universities, primary and secondary independent and international schools, and nonprofit organizations in more than 82 countries around the globe
Serves nearly 81,000 advancement professio...nals on the staffs of member institutions
Led by volunteers with more than 4,850 advancement professionals serving as board members, speakers, authors, conferences planners and more