This role is responsible for developing and delivering the global Transaction Banking (TB) marketing strategy and plan for Standard Chartered, ensuring a balance between global direction and a localised/regional approach to servicing the needs of our TB business.
You will continually seek to innovate and enhance marketing initiatives, differentiating Standard Chartered in a highly competitive market, with a strong focus on engaging clients through meaningful content, delivery and experiences across multiple channels.
With solid examples of developing and delivering insights driven messaging, brand awareness, content/thought leadership, social and digital campaigns, proprietary events and industry conferences - you will always look for new ways of engaging clients through impactful marketing platforms and channels.
Liaising with the global heads of the TB business (Cash, Securities Services, Trade, Digitisation & Client Access) as well as the Regional TB Business/Sales heads, and the Regional Brand & Marketing CIB heads, you will ensure the global marketing strategy and approach provides direction in the development of regional/country programs which will address local needs and differences.
You will be responsible for advising on and overseeing marketing budget/spend for TB related marketing activities, establishing metrics to evaluate ROI against Brand & Marketing (B&M) /TB business scorecards.
To succeed in this role, you will be strategic with a hands-on approach, an experienced product marketer and a proactive collaborator who is familiar and comfortable with engagement at all levels of an organisation. As an excellent communicator (written and verbal) you will synthesize direction and requirements quickly, to focus on key needs and a metrics driven output.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Liaise with key stakeholders (Business - Cash, Securities Services, Trade, Digitisation & Client Access; B&M and Corporate Affairs - Group, Regional and Country) on a regular basis to understand the specific needs of the TB business. * Design, document and track marketing strategy and plans globally, leading periodic reviews and updates with TB Business Heads, to track success and highlight challenges * Ensure regional plans roll up to support the overall global business goals for TB * Ensure ROI is measured and metrics and KPIs (outlined in scorecards) are integrated into plans * Drive continuous improvement in the marketing strategy as market conditions evolve * Provide reporting against marketing plan achievements, budget spent and improvements required * Develop key themes and messages, ensure these are aligned to TB, CIB, and Group branding and positioning * Ensure marketing programs are optimised through a multi-channel approach that includes digital and social, events and conferences, this includes the Bank's participation and sponsorship in external forums that include but aren't limited to Euromoney, EuroFinance, Sibos, ICC, Fund Forum, Network Forum, GTR. * Work across the TB business to produce TB specific collateral to be used at industry events and client meetings * Work with the TB business to coordinate a calendar of proprietary client events across footprint locations and coordinate delivery with Regional B&M teams * Develop and implement a strategic approach for TB's participation in industry awards, including the preparation of pitch documents in collaboration with TB Businesses, as well as Regional Sales/Business heads * Lead award submissions including targeting of preferred awards, coordination of input and post win publicity * Provide assistance and global coordination for global initiatives on customer surveys, competitor reviews, client engagement programs * Liaise with procurement, legal and compliance to ensure contracts, content and invitee processes are followed at all times * Work with Compliance to ensure a coordinated approach for the approval of all external marketing materials.
Qualifications and Skills
Skills & Attributes
* Proven experience in B2B marketing
* Hands-on self-starter who works well in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-orientated environment
* Proactive, results-orientated and organised with the ability to succeed in a highly-matrixed organisation
* High energy individual with a positive attitude
* Confident to engage with senior stakeholders
* Experience managing budgets and suppliers
* Strong organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
* The ability to make sound decisions and work in a high paced, high pressure environment
* Passion for working as part of a global team
* Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
* Degree educated or equivalent preferably in Marketing, Communications or related field
* At least 10-12 years of relevant work experience
* Experience in financial services B2B preferred
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information) - We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 31/12/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.